A Square Softworks
Based in Poznań, Poland
Early Access: Q4 2020
PC / Mac
Gatewalkers is a cooperative survival game with action RPG elements, where you travel across different worlds in order to save their own. Explore procedurally generated worlds, face hostile inhabitants, face challenges like extreme weather conditions, toxic atmosphere, lack of water and more.
Gatewalkers is being developed by Polish studio A2Softworks.
- TEAM CO-OP - You are a Gatewalker, the chosen one, who can go through the gate and explore the other side. Team up with up to 4 players to face the team-based survival. Fight terrifying monsters, survive extreme weather conditions, do the job ordered by the mysterious Guild, and what is the most important… stay alive!
- WORLD EXPLORATION - Explore many procedurally generated worlds with unique terrain, plants, and creatures. Discover new resources and crafting materials. Face various environmental hazards: toxic atmosphere, lack of oxygen, terrifying darkness, penetrating cold, and much more… Each world type introduces a unique survival mechanic that makes players adapt. Finding food, water or wood to start a fire may be impossible to do. Plan carefully what to bring with you on the expedition, no one really knows what is on the other side of the Gate.
- TEAM SURVIVAL - Surviving alone in an unknown world is really hard. But with teammates at your back, at least you have a chance. Share the responsibilities: start a fire to let others warm up, build a tent to let your mates rest, warn them about the dangers lurking at night… The key to surviving is cooperation between you and your team.
- SKILL BASED COMBAT - Isometric skill-based combat with a non-target system. All skills may be missed! Good positioning during combat, balanced use of skills, good timing and team synergy are crucial to victory.
- CRAFTING - First, choose an item to craft. Next, discover the appropriate recipe. Raid different worlds to gather required resources. Find or create a crafting station. Finally, build the item and use it!
- YOU ARE WHAT YOU WEAR - There are no predefined character classes. Each item gives you a unique set of skills, so combine them to suit you best. Take heavy armor, and healing staff to support your mates in the front line with your toughness and healing powers. Remember, you are, what you wear!
- PROCEDURAL WORLDS GENERATION - Each time you and your team will face a different, procedurally generated world. This gives you countless opportunities, constant challenges, and no victory schemes! Always stay cautious, adapt your strategy, make fast decisions, face the consequences, because you never know what waits behind the corner.
Gatewalkers - Gameplay YouTube
Announcement trailer YouTube
Logo & Icon
Awards & Recognition
- "Games Week Digital - Dev Booster 2020" Finalist
- "Digital Dragons Awards 2020" Finalist
- "Poznan Game Arena - Best Indie Game - 2019" Finalist
Cybernetic Technologies NETICTECH S.A. owns the “A Square Softworks (A2S)” studio, its brand and all the copyrights to the Gatewalkers computer game, logos, graphics etc. including released press materials. You are allowed to use press materials and capture videos and screens of the Gatewalkers game in order to produce your own following video materials: reviews, previews, gameplay videos (like Let’s Play…) of our game. They can be published on your social media or streaming services like Youtube or Dailymotion and please feel free to monetize it. Please note that you are entitled to produce such videos only if you identify the game with the “A Square Softworks (A2S)” or “Cybernetic Technologies NETICTECH S.A.” by putting the proper link (http://gatewalkers.com/) in the video or in its description in a way that the viewers are clearly aware that we produced the game. It is forbidden to use any parts of the game or press materials in order to use it in the videos that are not in direct context to the game and other commercial and non-commercial activity. .
About A Square Softworks
A Square Softworks (A2S) is an indie game dev studio placed in Poznań, Poland. Our team comprises of young and ambitious people for whom GameDev is not only a job but first of all a fun and joyful way to express ourselfs. We are players, so we usually develop games that we cannot find in the market. Moreover, we specialize in game prototyping, network games development and adding network to existing games.
More information on A Square Softworks, our logo & relevant media are available here.